Monday, February 10, 2014

Wide Awake Woman: Angela Olinger

For this week's Wide Awake Woman, I want to introduce you to a woman on the move, facing her fears, and healing the world. Angela Olinger.


Angela is a licensed Massage Therapist, Yoga Life Coach, Writer, Artist, aspiring author, and speaker. She is also a mother to three sweet boys! Angela crossed my radar a few weeks ago as a woman determined to help others through her experience and also through her extensive knowledge and application in natural healing modalities.

In 2012, Angela had a transformative moment in her journey which led to her wide awakening. I can't wait for you to read her story and feel her light and energy radiate!

1. What was your catalyst to your wide awakening?

After crawling through life’s ups and downs thinking I could do it all myself I realized I needed help. At my lowest emotional state I saw my doctor needing help and answers. I felt hopeless, tired, emotionally and physically drained, and felt stuck. I frequently asked myself is this all there is to life? I have three beautiful boys I am so grateful for making me feel guilty for feeling this way but I was emotionally starving my soul. My doctor ran a saliva test and handed me the results a week later. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome was my diagnosis. WHAT?! This was my huge wide awakening! If I couldn’t turn this around no one could. December 2012 was the beginning to finding me again. I found a life coach who believed in me before I believed in myself. I began taking care of my body and what I was putting in it. As I peeled away all the layers I began discovering who I was and what kind of life I wanted to live. After a year knee deep in self-help books and intense work on myself I realized I knew it was my calling to walk the journey with other people who are going through the same hopelessness that I once felt. There is a beautiful spin that happens when you start to gradually love yourself you find others who support and share the journey with you.

3. How did I start to think with my heart and not my head?

Through much trial and error, I know that when things get overwhelming and I’m faced with a tough decision or stress I feel with my heart and leave my head out of it. The brain serves a wonderful purpose as well as keeping us alive. When you’re head on with chaos your brain will naturally use fear to get you to flee or fight it out. Instead I learned to turn inward and check in with my gut feeling and what my heart is trying to tell me. I’m not perfect but now I trust myself and trust my gut. We all have the answer we need inside we just need to listen. There is a beautiful confidence that develops inside us all when we make decisions based from the heart.

4. What tools do you use daily to continue living a miraculous, authentic life?

The most powerful way to live authentically for me is to be true to myself by trusting my heart and intuition. When I follow what I know is right for me everything falls into place.

5. How do you deal with stress?

I’ve learned to view stress as a tool. Every stressful situation I ask myself what I can learn and what is this teaching me. There are many things that are out of my control. Being a mom with three active boys and dealing with life itself stress is readily available. I have learned to see situations as something nudging me telling me I could use more growth in this area. If my son is testing my patience I know that I must need to work on patience. If a company rejected an article I wrote I know my message will reach the perfect person in another company. I am more open to seeing how the stressful situations can help me grow than entertaining the negative factor. I also take a few moments out of my day to breathe and journal.

6. Favorite quote?

Let go, let flow. This is a quote I came up with years ago and is now something I use more than ever before.

7. What do you want to be remembered for?

My free loving spirit, my optimism and belief that it is possible to live the life you hold in your heart. I want the world to know that no matter what situation you are living there is hope, it does get better. Life is meant to live not in fear but passionate love within yourself.

Hope. Hope changes everything. It brings light to a rainy day. It brings optimism to an unhappy moment. Thank you Angela for sharing your story.

Angela offers international life coaching for adults and teens and meditation for young adults. Visit her website and her Facebook page to learn more about her!

Angela would like to extend a free life coaching session to one lucky reader. If her story resonates with you, please enter! Please leave a comment below if you would like to be added to the free giveaway. We will announce the winner this Friday on Your Wide Awakening FB page so stay tuned!

Love and Light Always,

Jensy



No comments:

Post a Comment