Monday, January 20, 2014

Wide Awake Woman: Shannon Kaiser

Happy Monday to all of you, my friends! Today is a great day because we get to meet another inspiring Wide Awake Woman! Her name is Shannon Kaiser. Shannon Kaiser has been labeled a modern thought leader on the rise by CafeTruth. She is the author of Find Your Happy, an Inspirational Guide to Loving Life to Its Fullest, and a five-time contributing author to the International best-selling book series Chicken Soup for The Soul. She is an inspirational travel writer, motivational speaker, life coach, creative director, teacher and the founder of the popular website PlayWithTheWorld.com, rated top 100 self-help blogs on the internet, by the Institute of Psychology of Eating. Shannon lives in an inspirational life by breaking down walls of fear and I know you all are just gonna love her!



Kaiser tells us she was living a depressed life and desperately desired a change. Here's how she changed her life and embraced her Wide Awakening.

1. What finally changed for you to become awakened? I left my successful advertising career (having worked at Saatchi & Saatchi X & Saatchi & Saatchi on client accounts: Frito Lay, Proctor & Gamble, Pepsi, Cover Girl, Olay and Crest) to pursue my passion of writing. I was ready to step into my new life as a travel writer and author. I remember going into the bathroom in my office and having a "spiritual surrender" moment with myself, sobbing, asking, "What do I really want?" I was asking the Universe for help as I was in utter despair and desperation. There is such beauty in the breakdown. Clarity comes from that. I wasn't happy. I was depressed, fighting a drug addiction and eating disorders. I knew there was a better way. There had to be something more, something better.


2. How did you get the courage to leave your job and face recovery from food and drug addictions? Trust and Faith in the uncertainty. There was no other way. I just took it day by day and was patient with myself. I believe in Divine Timing. The time was right. I wanted to follow my joy route and that is doing what my soul needs. Being a travel writer was my soul's calling.

3. What does it feel like to go from thinking from your heart rather that your mind? I started to not blame anyone or anything for my life. I became accountable to me and took full responsibililty for the direction of my life. When I make decisions from my heart, it feels like a warm comforting sensation like a cup of hot cocoa or a hug from Grandma. It just feels safe.

4. Your website is called play with the world...how can we live a more playful life? Spend more time in nature. Take mental moments and engage in "recess" like we did as children. Also, use your imagination to take future field trips in your mind of places where you wanna go and experience heaven on earth. It feels like heaven in the moment.

5. What are some spiritual tools you can pull out when dealing with stress or chaos? Ask for help! The more I ask for help, the more I am guided to a more fulfilled life.

6. What are some of your daily mantras? Stay present. Be okay with where you are. And be aware to the fact that everyone you meet is a teacher. I ask myself, "What can I learn from him or her? And lastly, know that I am supported and loved and being guided at all times.

To learn more about Shannon, visit her website here. Shannon offers life coaching, seminars, and is currently working on her second book. You can also find her blogging at MindBodyGreen.com, The Daily Love, and The Huffington Post to name a few. :)

Love and Light,
Jensy

No comments:

Post a Comment