Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hashtag. Beautiful.

In today's society, hashtagging is serious business. According to Wikipedia, "hashtags provide a means of grouping such messages, since one can search for the hashtag and get the set of messages that contain it" So, for example, if you want to find pictures of dogs or discussions about dogs, click on #dogs and a whole series of pictures, messages, tweets pop up on various social media websites of all kinds of things dog related.

There are some hashtags that are downright scary.

In my business and with the launch of Your Wide Awakening: A Guide to Anorexia Recovery, I decided to check out some hashtags related to all things #eating disorder.

What I found was shocking and downright heartbreaking.

Young girls and boys taking pictures of themselves with ribs poking out, cuts on wrists, declarations of being on the verge of suicide, messages about how much they hate themselves and how much no one understands.

I understand. I do.

So since August 16 this summer, I made a promise to myself that I would visit these hashtags a few minutes before bedtime and offer messages of hope, love, and send healing thoughts and prayers to those suffering.

I can pretty much guarantee these young men and women are looking for love and validation. One of my favorite things Oprah Winfrey has ever said is:

"I've talked to nearly 30,000 people on this show, and all 30,000 had one thing in common: They all wanted validation. If I could reach through this television and sit on your sofa or sit on a stool in your kitchen right now, I would tell you that every single person you will ever meet shares that common desire. They want to know: 'Do you see me? Do you hear me? Does what I say mean anything to you?'"

When I visit their pages, I tell them what I want them to know. "You are beautiful, really beautiful." I tell them " I get it. I've been there. Keep going. Baby steps."

You see, we all come from the same Source. No matter what you call it. We all start out as Light, as Spirit. Its this swirling vortex of loving energy that forms a human body around it. That Light is beautiful, radiant, warm, and unconditionally loving.

When we get here (Earth), fear sets in and we forget who we are. It's through living that we learn to REMEMBER. Maybe someone criticized you all your life. Maybe someone abandoned you. Maybe you blame yourself for a mistake. Maybe someone told you weren't good enough. Maybe someone pushed you to ACHIEVE, ACHIEVE, ACHIEVE. Maybe someone told you to be perfect.

But you already are. You were born perfect.

You are beautiful on the inside and that shows on the outside too. Beautiful is your Soul's energy radiating love and joy and giving back by using your innate talents. You are not your mistakes. You are not your body. Your body is a messenger of love. Its not about that one eye is bigger than the other or you have too many freckles or whatever disparaging message you are telling it.

Your Soul, Your Light is all glowing and all knowing. As you peel back layers of unhealed wounds, remember that. Please know you are safe and special and wonderfully You.

Hashtag. Beautiful.

Love and Light ALWAYS,
Jensy

No comments:

Post a Comment