Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Gratitude is the Best Attitude: 5 Ways to Cultivate It

When I was little, I was called a "grouch" a lot . And I think I know why! I was not grateful for anything. Some may say I was a spoiled brat and would try to manipulate my way into getting what I want through pouting, whining and my favorite, breaking things, including my glasses.

Cute, ya I know. :P

I would break my glasses if I did not get my way. What an expensive habit!

When all is said and done, sometimes as adults we have temper tantrums. I believe when the temper tantrums are few and far between, we began to mature, take life as it is, and move on with solutions rather than focusing on the problems.

That's where we can make Gratitude our BIGGEST ASSET.

When you express gratitude for the struggles and the joys, you can be at peace.

What are some ways to bring more GRATITUDE into your life? In the Spirit of Thanksgiving, here are 5 simple things you can do today to gain a sense of gratitude...

1. Let a loved one know you appreciate them! Sometimes we go through our days not showing how much we care for someone. Write them a loving note, card, text, email expressing how much they mean to you. Bring them a small gift that shows you care. Flowers, a card, a small token of appreciation go a long way.

2. Forgive someone. Anger, bitterness, resentment block the flow of gratitude. Bless the ones that hurt you. Hurt people HURT people. Know that its their issue for the wrong they have done to you. They need your forgiveness the most.

3. Practice a random of act of kindness. Let someone in front of you in traffic. Pay for the toll of the person behind you. Make a meal for the sick, hungry or poor. Bake cookies for your neighbor.

4. Write down a list of all YOUR wonderful qualities. Put it out there in the Universe. You are here for a reason and its these qualities that bring Light to this World.

5. Practice gratitude on the hour. Each time, an hour ticks by, remember to focus on the good in your life. Focus on what is in front of you. The car you are driving, the computer you own, the pretty smile you have, the glowing eyes, and most important your beautiful Soul.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving. Take a look around the table at Thanksgiving Dinner, savor the moment, and appreciate all the good that surrounds you.

“When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” - Tony Robbins


Love & Light,
Jensy

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFULLY SAID! HAVE A BLESSED DAY TOMORROW! XOXO

    ReplyDelete