Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oops...whoops....oowwwww! But a blessing of course!

OWWWWWWW OWWWWW OWWWWW!

If that is only what I said. Last Wednesday, I woke up at 5:30 to take my friend Kristin's kickboxing class. Went splendid as usual....rushed home by 7:00 am, took shower, got girls dressed and out the door by 8:15 and off to school. It was St. Paddy's Day and I was volunteering at my oldest daughter, Lindsay's preschool that day, all dressed in green and geared up with favors and treats for the kids in her class! Pulled into her school parking lot, unlatched my seatbelt, opened the car door and BAM~@#%$#@@$^^&&^%$#@@$**(((!

I had just broke, sprain, twisted, rolled my ankle severely! Getting out of my big'ol Momobile! ME! Are you serious?

Lindsay was crying....Mama, mama what happened????

I drove to the carpool line (BARELY) and (BARELY) made it the 5 miles back home.

Luckily, my husband was home and he took me to the ER where they found no breaks...just some crutches and the advice of REST and more REST (ugh!)

Today is Sunday and my foot is black and blue and I have numbness in my last three toes..... : (

But that is not the point of my post today....

I am so lucky to be able to have two legs that work...take me to family functions, dance recitals, preschool singalongs, playgrounds, pumpkin patches, strawberry fields, Disney World, etc.

Hopping on one foot these last five days has been quite a chore. Forget the gym, forget the walking to the park, grocery shopping, carrying my girls around, etc. I have not been able to do any of that! But, this experience has made me grateful that I am able to do those things, that I am blessed with a healthy body. And I will be back "on my feet" in no time!

This can't cramp my style much longer. I am going to push through this adversity, get on the recumbent bike, push out some heavy sets of chest, back, and arms this week!


SO its a blessing and a curse! But really just a blessing. Appreciation.Gratitude. The will to succeed no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment